Friday, December 7, 2012

Changes

Wow has it really been 6 months since I last posted?  I feel like I left this blog behind but feel I need to start writting again.  LB and I recently moved to Tucson, AZ because I got a new job.  I came out about 6 weeks early and tried my best to give us a solid place to settle and hopefully stay.  In the 14 years we have been together we have moved so many times I cannot even count.  She has taken a majority of the burden for the moves because of the military or work circumstances, and I honestly don't know how she does it.  But back to what I was writting about, changes.

We moved away from G.  This has really upset LB as she relied on him for emotional support.  While I am always there and available to her our past prevents her from being totally open with me.  G came in as the second Dom and things were fine, but as she grew closer to him and opened up more I felt left behind.  No longer were we chatting all night about anything and everything.  A majority of the time I was left alone to sleep while she went and talked to G.  To say I didn't think a lot of bad things would be a lie.  It is hard to know your spouse is growing close to someone you trust and thinking anything ill is happening.  So moving here I knew would be hard.  I constantly strive to be there and available.  Try to be the best Daddy and father I can be.  Try to do better in all aspects of life.  And I am doing well.  We are talking more and in general getting closer than we have been in a while.  I like that.  After Christmas LB is going to visit her family in TX and stopping in NM to stay with G, it is about half way and a good stopping point, but I am worried about this for those stupid reasons again.  I hope things are ok and I can get over my adverse reaction to this.

Moving to Tucson has been really good for us.  I am happier and more at ease, the kids have more to go do around the neighborhood, and we have more stuff to do in general that doesnt cost anything.  I hope to be able to keep you guys updated more frequently about us and where we are going, what we are doing, and how things are going.  LB might be blogging again soon, we shall see.  So thats where we are at.

J

1 comment:

  1. I saw that you had moved on FL -- Change is hard -- bit by bit

    (do you need to edit? I see you used someone's name and wasn't sure if it was in error -- I do that sometimes too)

    sfp

    ReplyDelete